Calligram Project Letter to Future Self

 38-year-old Cole, 

 

Hey buddy, hope you’re living life to the fullest, driving that go-kart on every street you can. I know I just started college but there’s some stuff that I need to think about that you already may have done. Have you kept on dreaming? That’s the first question I’ve got for you. I hope that just like me, you never lose sight of all the stupid and not stupid things that help you fall asleep. Speaking of falling asleep, World Cinema still sucks. Some of the movies are interesting but the professor is just terrible. Anyway, enough about all that. How many films have you worked on? Or maybe you got into animation. Or did you take that motion capture class and get sucked into the video game industry? Whatever you choose, I hope you really enjoy it like I am enjoying filmmaking right now. Just being able to work with other people brings me so much joy. That’s what this is all about. That and not having a boring job. Feeling a sense of pride in your work and that what you do matters. That’s what’s most important in life. Believing in yourself. Something I seem to lack right now. I don’t have the answers to fix this problem. Maybe you’ve found them, but probably not all of them. Heck, maybe none of them. But oh well. We just have to move on, don’t we? By the way, are you still into glam core rock stuff? I hope so cause this stuff slaps. Especially Starset, which is what your eyes should be looking towards. The stars and the unknown. Cause that’s what life is really about. Going headfirst into the unknown. Speaking of which, how's the private space race going? Have we really made it to Mars yet? What about moon bases and commercial spaceflights? Is life expanding while also becoming better than it ever has been? Cause there is so much hope for the future. I hope that we haven’t lost this despite what has been accomplished. Anywayit’s about time I wrapped this up, so I’ll leave you with this. Is what you have now all that you want in life? If not, then keep striving for everything you dream of. Never Ever Give Up.  

-- 18-year-old Cole  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animation

Somewhere

Autoscopy